Glider service now in operation
A New Mode of Travel for Belfast
Glider is a new, innovative mode of travel for Belfast, set to further enhance the image of the city and inspire even more people to choose public transport.
Glider….the new, effortless and smooth way to travel, Glide through city traffic and arrive fresh and ready on a modern and high tech mode of travel, providing direct cross-city services between the east and the west of the City and linking into Titanic Quarter. Metro bus feeder services will connect Glider passengers to the Dundonald and Colin residential areas
Representing an investment of over £90m, it will deliver a high quality, high capacity, bus-based rapid transit system that makes way for a transformational change and a more connected City, bringing people and communities together.
How to Access the Glider
Key Facts on the Glider Service
The services will operate with a new, modern eco-hybrid fleet. Catering for more passengers than conventional buses, passengers will also enjoy a new ticketing system which will speed up getting on and off the vehicle. Extensive bus priority will also be in place along the route facilitating fast and reliable journeys.
Metro bus feeder services will connect Glider passengers to residential areas in the Dundonald and Colin areas.
• In passenger service from September 2018
• 7-8 minute intervals throughout most of the day
• 25% reduction in public transport journey times
• Unified fares with Metro with a focus on ease of use and great value
• Operates primarily along bus lanes with selective bus priority at traffic signals
• CCTV for safety and security
• Real-time passenger information